Friday, June 11, 2010

Poppy's Visit






What a surprise! 5 days after I was born Poppy (Daddy's daddy) paid us a surprise visit! I was in the middle of a nap when there was a knock at the door. Daddy peered through the peephole and noticed a familiar person outside. It was Poppy!

Poppy flew all the way from Baltimore to spend some time with me. He only told a few people and made sure no one spilled his secret.

He held me, rocked me to sleep, sang songs to me (even if he didn't know all the words) and made sure to give me some tlc.

He also gave Mommy's mommy, Mimi, a break every now and then. It's been great having them both around all week.

There's lots more visitors to come. Great aunt Susie will be over in a few weeks and so will Grandma Bonnie and maybe Grandpa Donnie. Then Daddy's mommy, Nana, will fly down for ten days. After that, Poppy and Gramsy will visit for two weeks. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Michele Harrell said...

Oh Jackson, what a blessed little boy you are! You have a wonderful family and you are so loved :)